A Quick Note
Want the TL;DR version? We won’t spam you. We’ll only email you if you sign up for our email list or if you make a purchase. If you do make a purchase, we’ll only email you about your purchase unless you also sign up for our mailing lists. We do collect and store some personal information, but only to the extend that we need it to do business. We will NEVER sell your information or set someone else up to spam you.
Want us to stop storing your information? The technical details are below (we’re required to keep some purchase info for legal reasons, like purchase records) but we’re happy to comply with any request that we legally can. Just email us at [email protected], and we’ll delete everything we can.
We Collect Personal Information
When you make a purchase, you must include some personal information so that we’re able to send the package to you, such as your name, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. We also collect your email address to communicate with you about your order. This includes communications such as order receipts, shipping confirmations, or tracking numbers. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact us directly.
How We Use Your Information
We collect, use, and share your information, as needed in the following circumstances:
- As needed to fill your order. This means that we’ll contact you to let you know details about your order, or to communicate with you about any questions or concerns that you may have.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent. This includes any email opt-ins that you may choose to take part in. For example, if you sign up for our mailing list, you’ll receive emails containing news, coupons, and sale notifications. If you do choose to sign up for a mailing list, you may revoke that consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button on the bottom of our emails. If you do choose to unsubscribe, we will not contact you again unless you explicitly request that we do so.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law. Not a common situation, but if a court compels us to share your information, then we have to comply. We keep records of every purchase for our own accounting and tax purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services, such as listing your name and address on a mailing label.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transferring Your Data
We store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the United States and other jurisdictions. This means that in some circumstances, your information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. All transfer is done through secure services and handled in a secure manner.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Please note: These laws and legal protections extend to residents of the EU, but that doesn’t mean that we treat that data any differently. We hold your privacy and data protection in the greatest regard and follow stringent data protection policies regardless of where you live. While the EU requires this, EVERY CUSTOMER OF INTERPLANETARY DESIGNS IS ENTITLED TO THE SAME RESPECT AND PROTECTION. We will follow these polices for every customer, regardless of location.
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information above.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will delete your personal information immediately upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Mika Hutton, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected]